June 27, 2013

Sketch winner

Good Morning my friends!
 I had the day off yesterday so Tony and I did some home improvement projects.
Check these out and then I will share the sketch challenge winner.  

This is the headboard I created.  
We cut 12x12 squares out of wood and then I covered them with batting and fabric.  
To attach it to the wall we bought a super thin piece of wood, adhered that to the wall and then glued all the squares on that wood piece.  
 This next picture is the opposite wall from the headboard wall. 
All of the white is wood.  Tony cut and assembled all those rectangles.  
We were able to snake the cable wire behind the wall and so it comes out right behind the TV and the electrical cord is hidden behind the wood and plugs in the outlet on the right.  If you look close you can see it.  
I am almost done with my bedroom.  I want to get a vinyl wall decor phrase to put over my headboard.  We also need to paint our bathroom and decorate it to match.  
Home improvements are so fun!!  LOL!!

Now for the winner of our sketch challenge.  


Congrats Sherry!! 
Please send me an email! :-) 

Alright, that's it for today.  
Have a great day and thank you for stopping by! :-)

6 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Super excited to see that I won this months sketch challenge. Can't wait to see next months sketch.

Lisa Echerd said...

You did a fantastic job! Looks great.

Barbara Greenberg said...

Love the headboard but the wall with the TV is spectacular. Thats just what my hubby would have done with the wires, he has to always hide all wires and not just have them hanging. I love the brown wall color too, makes the white pop on the rectangles and the headboard color too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the bedroom!! The headboard and the wall look AMAZING!! And huge congrats to Sherry!!!

Rose said...

congrats to my buddy Sherry!!!!

LOVE your headboard :)

flowerdisco said...

oh my lee ann, how cool is that. we are in need of a new bedroom set and i am loving your headboard. i might re-claim mine and do that instead. great idea and the tv wall. super cool too.

congrats sherry...enjoy your amazing kit!