December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Good morning my friends!!! I would like to wish all of you and your families a VERY Merry Christmas!! I woke up to the sounds of my kids "ooohhhh," "WOW" to all the gifts under the tree.....the best part is they weren't expensive toys and they didn't get that many but they were VERY happy with everything they got.

Today is the 25th and usually we do the kit reveal today but since most of you are probably spending the day with your family and may not be online blog hopping, I thought I would hold off until tomorrow. :-) Today I will just share with you a frame I made for my Grandma. I used some papers from the December kit and I used some Thickers and bling from the January kit.




I started with a $1 frame from Michaels and some acrylic paint. I couldn't match the paint color just right so there is actually like 15 layers of paint on the frame. LOL!! First I wanted a blue, then I thought maybe just white and then I changed to this orangy color. It went well with the flowers on one of the Authentique papers in our December kit. :-)

So I painted the frame and then I traced and cut that white paper. I adhered it with Mod Podge then coated the top with Mod Podge to seal it.

I used my Tim Holtz sander to rough up the edges, give it a distressed look. And since there was white underneath the orange it turned out really cool. Then I fussy cut the flowers and adhered them. I used some Glossy Accents (thank you for the idea Abby!) I also used some bling from the upcoming January kit on the largest flower.

Then I used the Thickers from the January kit (more on those tomorrow) and painted them with the same orange paint as the rest of the frame.

And that's it. Sent it to my Grandma a little late but I am happy to report she got it on Friday! LOL! :-)

I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends!! See you all tomorrow! :-)



3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! Loving that photo and love love love the fussy cutting! Merry Christmas!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Karen B. said...

What a fantastic personalized gift! Love the colors. Have a wonderful rest of the day!

April said...

Meryy Christmas Leeanne. :)
- April