August 8, 2011

Generations of Love and The WINNER

Happy Monday my friends! I have only two weeks left until I start my fall semester. I am just trying to enjoy each day because this fall is going to be crazy busy.

Today I have a mini album to share with you that I created using Artful Delight's August monthly kit. I was also able to incorporate this month's sketch on the cover of the album. Before I get to that I want to mention to make sure you scroll down because I announce the WINNER of the giveaway I had going on to win Artful Delight's JUNE monthly kit.

So first is the mini. I saw this on a blog last week and thought it was cute. The lady on the blog called it a flag mini and she made a 4th of July themed mini. But I thought it would be cute decorated any way.

So I gathered a bunch of photos, me, Tony and our kids and then pictures of our parents and grandparents. Thus the title of the book "Generations of Love." Thankfully I still have some empty spots I can add pictures because I just realized I forgot to put the picture of Tony's dad in there and I need a picture of my youngest, Max.

I guess the book is called a flag book because of the way the pages are set up, when you move the front and back covers the tags in the middle that form the pages, "wave" back and forth in opposite directions. I really should do a video but I don't have good editing software. If anyone has any suggestions of what I could use I am open to ideas.

This cover goes along with this month's sketch challenge. The rose I cut with my Cricut, I have an SVG file to cut the rose swirl. I used the Stickles included in this month's kit to bling the edges of the rose and also to put some dots on the creme cardstock.


The next two pictures show the tags that I used, I cut them with my Cricut. The are just files that were included in my SCAL program. They measure 4"x2". I cut 4 black ones and 8 blue ones. On the black ones I clear embossed with one of my background stamps. The blue ones I left empty so I could add pictures and other embellishments. I don't have a picture but after I adhered pictures and embellishments and heat embossed, I used the seam binding ribbon from this month's kit and embellished the holes of the tags (you will see in later photos).

I started with a piece of cardstock that measured 6 1/4"x12". I scored 3" in from both ends. Then in between those 2 score lines I scored every 5/8".
Because of the way it was scored that would only leave the front and back cover with 3" of space to decorate so I cut two pieces of cardstock, 6 1/4"x6" and adhered it to the front and back. Since you could see the seam where I adhered the cardstock I have to cover that with more cardstock as you can see above.

Below is a picture of the "pages" where you will adhere the tags. Now in order to make the pages "wave" you need to adhere them on the opposite sides. There will be three rows. With the 8 blue tags I adhered them to the front of the peak. The 4 black tags were adhered to the back of the peak.
Can you see in the picture below how the blue tags are on the front and the black tags are on the back?

And here you can see they move in opposite directions.



Everything I used on this mini album is from Artful Delight's August monthly kit.

I really wish I could have done a video tutorial for you but if you want to try and make one and have any questions feel free to ask. :-)

And now for the WINNER of Artful Delight's June monthly kit.

The winner is.....

.........PAM PRITZL..........

Pam, please contact me with your snail mail so I can get your package out to you. leeanne@artfuldelight.com

Happy Crafting!!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That mini is sooooooo cool! And Congrats to Pam! :):):):):):)

Suzy said...

Love your album Leeanne! I need to do more with tags. congrats Pam :)

Diana Joy said...

Awesome album....love that idea. Thanks for sharing.

Tanya said...

Oh what a fabulous album, I love, love, love the tags, how fun!

Court said...

VERy sweet album and congratulations Pam!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the mini!! I really need to try this sometime!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous. Love the tags and the pretty color. :)

Karen B. said...

That is one amazing mini album! I found myself making the pictures larger so I could see your wonderfully cute kids, but that picture of you and your honey is the best!

June Houck said...

Great job! I used to make flag books all the time. I love the use of your tags as flags; genius :)