May 16, 2010

Twisted Cards #007

Happy Sunday! It is the end of another weekend. My son starts speech therapy at the elementary school tomorrow. Most of you don't know me yet so I will give you a quick tid bit about that. My son is going to be 3 in July and he still doesn't talk. He certainly doesn't have a disability keeping him from doing so he is just delayed in that area, he is very independent and has never really "needed" to talk. Someone has always gotten things for him. I am a SAHM so I know his "language" and always seem to know what he wants. He throws BIG fits if he doesn't get what he wants, I guess that's the terrible two's. Anyways, he was getting in home speech therapy since about Nov but it was not consistant by any means. With the winter storms and me having a new baby (in Dec) and just life seemed to get in the way for both me and the therapist. So now he will go to the school, 2 days a week for 30 minutes. I am really excited about it. He will also go next year and may be upgraded to preschool. If we decide that he needs more socialization then maybe he will. Anyways, on to this week's Twisted Cards Sketch #007 -


This week's twist is "Black & White" - any how, any way!



So I started with a Basic Black cardstock from Stampin' UP!. I used my rays from Practicing Creativity Designs stamp set, You're Dandy. I white embossed it on the black cardstock. I then cut that in to 4 - 1.25" sections. I cut a top note with my Cricut (love that thing) and inked a Penguin with Black Stazon. The Penguin comes from my new stamp set from Memory Box called Summer Penguin which is now available at Artfuldelight. I paper pieced the polka dot dress, another stamp from that set. The Ribbon Doilie is from Basic Grey's Green at Heart collection. I love their Ribbon Doilies, they are self adhesive and come in 4 different designs. I used the pink scribble looking one. Super cute!
The umbrella is also from the Summer Penguin set and the "hello" is from Basic Grey called Tweet. All stamp sets are available at Artfuldelight.



Supplies:

Stamp: You're Dandy (Practicing Creativity Designs), Tweet (Basic Grey), Summer Penguin (Memory Box)

Ink: Black Stazon, Pink Passion (Stampin' UP!)

Paper: Basic Black and Whisper White (Stampin' UP!)

Misc: Ribbon Doilie (Basic Grey's Green at Heart collection)


Happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Hopping in from Twisted Sketches! Love those rays, and the dressed up penguin is just too cute!

Nancy said...

you did such a wonderful and creative job with this week's Twisted Card sketch! super job! TFS!

Amy C said...

Great card!! I love the cute little penguin and the fabulous pink accents....pink always looks wonderful with black and white. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Sketches!!

Cari said...

Wow, that's so striking! I love the rays of "sunshine" with the cute penguin. Thanks for playing at Twisted Sketches!

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Sketches.

Emma said...

Such a sweet card, love the image and colour combo.
Wishing your son all the luck with his speech therapy. My great nephew hardly spoke until this past yr, he just turned 4 in March and now we can't keep him quiet!! Lol
Hugs Emma x

Unknown said...

Love that Penguin! Your card is sooo cute! Really liking the touch of pink to show off the black and white. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Sketches. x x